Your funding has helped us provide housing to over 86 families
- 384 individuals have lived in our self-contained units
- 33 Youth have lived in our Youth Program
- 48 family heads have gone back to school to increase skills
- 126 children are attending activities
- 52 children are attending activities
- 8 families have purchased their own homes
- 159 other women that could not access housing have been supported through our wait list program
- 139 people have used the furniture donation program
- 126 women have taken part in the mentoring program
- 21 women have participated in the community kitchen
- 8 teenage boys have been in the boys group
- 28 youth have been housed, supported and counselled
- We have provided counselling to women in need of support
- We have provided life skills training to women in need of skills
Our Clients Say…
When abuse forced me and my children out of our home, we were fortunate to be taken in by My Friend's House, and they helped me access Home Horizon's Transitional Support Program. Home Horizon provided us a safe place to live and helped me gain personal strength and self-esteem. Home Horizon saved my life and the lives of my children.
"We’ve bought a small house and have been living comfortably for several months. I have goals set, supports in place, and peace in my life. My children are doing well, their grades have improved, and they're happy. They smile now, all because Home Horizon gave me a hand up."
Homelessness had destroyed my confidence and ruined my life. Home Horizon's program provided me a place to live and the counselling I needed to move forward with my life. Thank you, Home Horizon, you will never be forgotten!
"I went into a Home Horizon Transitional Housing Unit not knowing what to expect. My life has changed so much but mostly my children are happy now and their grades have improved, they are now more self assured. Thanks to a stable home."